Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival


After years of saying I would go and I wanted to go, I finally went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. It was a beautiful day! Perfect for an outdoor event. 

However, the night before, Swipey didn't want to sleep before 1 am and I had to wake up at 5:30 to get the family in a he car for the 3 hour drive. My dearest husband kindly let me sleep in, so we didn't get there until after 11. 

We saw many sheep, a pair of alpaca, herding dogs, and lots of yarn. And there was my problem. It was too much for my tired mind to comprehend and too big of a location for me to drag two little ones who were both due a nap.  I also suffer from major, self-induced guilt with all things and felt I was inconvencing my family by shopping... So I didn't buy any yarn. 

Haha! Oh fail -_-;  

Next time I visit, I'm going to map out vendors and possibly stay the night with local friends. Next year, I will be victorious!

(Photo credit: Kelly Sapp; Bun and her Ron meeting some Sheep.)

No comments: