Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Movin' right along!

Still slowly recovering from after convention illness and exhaustion, but I'm doing better. 

Last week, I sat down in the Bunny Mines and just sat. I had no desire to even touch my hooks. The idea of touching amigurumi was just detestable after the months of constant crocheting in preparation for the show. 
 
Instead, I picked up my knitting needles. Many of you may not know, but I'm originally a knitter. It's a hobby I truly love and it was so relaxing just to fall into it. I've been making a few reusable shopping bags, for personal use, because I'm sick to the teeth of plastic bags in my house. 

Now that I feel fully recovered and back in love with amigurumi, I've been photographing pieces to be listed, creating some new designs, and working on some exciting plans for October. *wink*wink* 

So what do you do when you've fallen into a funk or over-done it with a passion?

1 comment:

Miss Angie said...

It was great meeting you at Otakon! :D Thanks again for Tako Takoyaki, he's sitting on my shelf making friends with my other plushies!

Sometimes when I'm in a funk, I like to either take a temporary break from my crafts altogether or look into sites like Cut Out + Keep or Craftster for neat tutorials. I find that ideas and inspirations come to me when I'm not swamped with work or obsessed with looking for new ideas; I keep a notebook with me just in case something pops up, though! I like finding new tutorials because it gives me a chance to make something for myself (which is unusual since I usually make crafts to sell or give) and sometimes helps with new ideas too :)