Monday, June 1, 2009

Mini Strawberry Cake and a Strawberry Moon Bun


The Plush Team is holding an Iron Chef styled competition. You can read more about it here on our blog.

My secret ingredient was Velcro. To make a food based plush out of this scratchy, stiff material, when I barely sew, was a great challenge, but I finally came up with a design I can be proud off.

This little strawberry cake is made from the fluffy half of the Velcro. There is a crocheted strawberry on top that is affixed with Velcro and can be detached. The cake is then dressed up with ribbons, bows, and lace. It is then attached (by Velcro of course) to a mini stiff felt plate.

To accompany this cake, is a little Strawberry Moon Bun!

This piece is currently available for sale in my shop. To see who's plush will reign supreme, keep watching the Plush Team blog!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool, love the cake!

Unknown said...

OMG, a strawberry bun???? so adorable!